We miss you all!! We hope that this message finds you and your family in good health.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming some or a part of our normal routines. Our therapists and doctors are looking forward to providing treatments to help you with anxiety, stress, muscle stiffness/soreness, and general pain symptoms which we suspect may have been exasperated over the many weeks of self-isolation and/or working from home.
As of tomorrow, June 1, 2020, we are resuming normal hours of operation. However, in accordance with Governor Lujan Grisham’s orders, we will be limiting staff/patient numbers per shift to comply with guidelines for social distancing in our lobby. We ask that you please be patient with us and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office.
While many things have changed, one thing remains the same: our office’s commitment to your safety. All our policies and procedures meet the standard of our local and national recommendations. During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff. We are implementing the following measures for staff:
- Wear a face covering.
- Work a reduced schedule in order that we can maintain the required maximum number of patients.
- Report personal temperature daily.
- Report any travel outside of Santa Fe County.
- Wipe down all contact surfaces in the treatment room with approved disinfectant after each appointment – face cradle and table, doorknobs, light switch, chairs, counters, and desktops.
- Wash hands between each appointment (a norm routine pre-COVID).
- Change linens between each appointment, placing face cradle covers in a bleach solution (again, a norm for our office pre-COVID).
- Soak our face cradle covers in bleach/water solution prior to laundering.
- Launder with soap and bleach and dry on high heat.
We are requesting from patients a similar list of safety procedures:
- To wash hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon entry into the office.
- Wear a face covering to your appointment.
- Meet a staff member at the front door of the clinic to allow for temperature to be taken.
- Receive a dose of hand sanitizer.
- Complete short screening questionnaire/liability waiver
- Depending on what stage of return to social re-engagement we are in per the Governor and the NM-DOH, we may ask you to notify us of your arrival from your vehicle and to wait in your vehicles until your provider is ready to bring you to the treatment room.
Regarding our Liability Waiver, this has become a standard procedure for many small businesses that see the volume of traffic that we do at Whole Body Wellness. The basic reality is that we are ALL (both you and our staff) doing our utmost to be safe as we begin to re-engage socially. However, despite our best efforts, we at Whole Body Wellness cannot reduce the risk of contracting Coronavirus at our clinic to zero. Much as we will endeavor to.
We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, and fatigue. Providers have all stated that should they develop symptoms; they will support the rescheduling of their appointments.
Our main goals for all of you and the providers are:
- Support efforts to re-engage with health care services gradually and safely.
- Implement best practices for infection control.
- Minimize patient, staff, and provider exposure to the virus.
- Support continuity of care.
- Promote public health and safety.
During our time away, we have transitioned to an Electronic Health Records system (EHR). We are asking that clients please fill out the following intake so that when you return to Whole Body Wellness, we will be ready to see you. It is VERY simple – you can complete on a desktop, laptop, iPad, or your smartphone. Once you are finished, there is a button that says, “Submit Intake”. When you click that button, the intake will automatically come back to us and we will be all set for your appointment when we next see you.
Thank you for your patience while we were closed. Our team is looking forward to getting back to work, back to helping clients, and back to a routine (even if it is a new one!).
Jennifer and Jonathan